5 Weeknight Meals in 10 Minutes or Less
Weeknights need to be healthy, focused, and easy. Try these five weeknight recipes suitable for your #RebootChallenge diet. All the recipes below are either prepped or on the table in 10 minutes or less.
Monday: Egg & Veggie Frittata in a Mug w/ Avocado
Breakfast for dinner is a timeless classic. Rev it up in a cup. You’ll be amazed at how easy a healthy, protein-rich dinner can be.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- ¼ cup Diced Veggies: Spinach, Onion, Mushroom, Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Avocado
- Cooking Spray
- Microwave Safe Mug
- Spray the inside of the mug with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack the eggs and egg whites into the mug and beat to combine with a fork.
- Mix the diced veggies and feta into the eggs
- Microwave on high for one minute or until cooked throughout. Be careful to not overcook so the eggs don’t get dry and rubbery.
- Top with avocado, salt, pepper, or any other seasoning.
Tuesday: Shredded Chicken Lettuce Tacos
Taco Tuesday is a no brainer! You can always add your favorites veggies like grilled onions or fresh serrano peppers, but for quickness, stick to the basics.
- 6oz Shredded Chicken
- 3 Butter Lettuce Leaves, washed & dried
- Pico De Gallo
- Fill each of the lettuce leaves with 2oz of chicken and top with pico and guacamole.
- Smile. It’s Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday: One Pan Salmon, Sweet Potato & Asparagus
One pan and four ingredients. This one takes a little longer to bake but prep on a Wednesday couldn’t be easier!
- 6-8oz Salmon, Patted dry
- 1 Sweet potato, Diced into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Place all items on a sheet pan and drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and asparagus. Sprinkle everything with Salt and Pepper
- Bake for 25-30 Minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and sweet potatoes are soft.
Thursday: Tempeh & Broccoli
Go vegan on a Thursday with a high-protein meal. You might be surprised how easy it is to go meatless!
- 4 oz Tempeh
- 2 c Broccoli, steamed & drained
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2oz Mushrooms, diced
- Soy Sauce
- Saute the garlic and shallot on med-high heat until soft. Add the Tempeh and cook until brown on the edges.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and stir until soft.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and add a few dashes of Soy Sauce and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot on its own or over brown rice.
Friday: Shrimp & Zucchini Pasta with Pesto
Friday night could be date night; simply double the ingredients of this low-carb dish.
- 8 Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 2 Tbsp, Kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ c Basil Pesto
- Sautee the shrimp in an oiled pan for a minute on each side until cooked through and set aside away from the heat.
- Combine the zucchini and pesto in and saute on medium-high until the zucchini is soft.
- Toss in the olives and shrimp. Stir to warm throughout and serve immediately.
These quick dinners free up your down time. Whether you choose to extend your workouts, spend more time with family, or relax at home, quick dinners are helpful. Try one or more of these recipes this week, and shop at Vitamin World for deals on vitamins and supplements.
Lauren Rae is a professional fitness talent, speaker, writer and consultant in Dallas, Texas. As a fitness chef she creates unique recipes with elevated ingredients that promote a lean physique, wellness and balance within the body. Lauren Rae is also a trained vocalist and has been featured in the music, food and fitness industries on the Food Network and in publications like Ironman and TRAIN Magazine.