Cacao Souffle With Strawberry
Get ready to dive into a delicious, creamy and fluffy bowl of chocolate love! This cacao souffle for two is sure to satisfy on Valentine’s Day (or another date night). The best part is, this healthier version will leave you feeling guilt-free!
Never used cacao before? Learn about the health benefits here.
- 4 ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla
- Butter (for ramekins)
- Sprinkle of cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- Lightly butter 2 small ramekins and use a small amount of the sugar to coat each ramekin. Chill in freezer. Heat oven to 350.
- Over medium heat, use a double boiler, and add 2 tbsp of the sugar, flour, whipping cream (or alternative), cacao and cocoa powder. Stir until melted and well combined. This should look a little glossy and takes only a couple minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat egg white into a soft peak using a mixer, add the remaining sugar a little at a time until the soft peaks thicken a little more. Do not over beat. This mixture should be light and airy.
- Add ¼ of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture and stir gently. Once combined, gently fold in the remaining egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Remove ramekins from freezer and add half the mixture into each ramekin. Sprinkle cacao nibs in the center of each ramekin once mixture is in.
- Boil a small amount of water, and pour into a baking pan. Place the ramekins on top of water and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven. Garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and strawberry and enjoy.