Collagen and Blueberry Lemon Scones Recipe
Celebrate National Blueberry Month with this simple and delicious recipe for blueberry lemon scones. Perfect pastry to start your day or a quick mid-day snack. Bake up this sweet, flaky treat with pops of fresh blueberry and beautifying collagen.
servings: 4 servings
active time: 15 minutes
total time: 40 minutes
- 1 scoop Youtheory® Collagen Powder Vanilla flavor
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 10 Tbsp butter, unsalted, chilled, cut into cubes
- 1 egg or flax meal egg (1 Tbsp flax meal mixed with water)
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lavender honey butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk egg and cream together in small bowl and set aside.
- Add flour, Youtheory® Collagen Vanilla flavor, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add butter and pulse until meal forms.
- Add cream mixture in slow stream.
- Transfer dough into bowl and fold in fresh blueberries. Shape into triangles or scoop into 8 portions.
- Brush with Tbsp of whipping cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
serving size: 92g
total fat 22g 28%
saturated fat 14g 70%
trans fat 1g 0
cholesterol 60mg 20%
sodium 25mg 1%
total carbohydrates 37 13%
dietary fiber 0g 0
total sugars 6g
includes 5g added sugars n/a 10%
vitamin d 0mcg 0
calcium 243mg 20%
iron 1mg 6%
potassium 34mg 0
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Reprinted with permission from Youtheory
Nutrition starts at the source. This has been our philosophy ever since we opened our doors in 1977, and wellness has always been our passion. We are a company of wellness enthusiasts. We’re passionate not just about nutrition, but also about helping others discover their best self.