Creamy Cauliflower Soup
With the cooler weather approaching, this warm, creamy soup hits the spot with minimal effort. Simple to make, this lighter version will be more body friendly, but still full of flavor. You can easily adjust the level of cauliflower to your own taste buds, so don’t be shy.
This recipe won’t disappoint on a chilly day.
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1 ½ heads of cauliflower, cut into medium pieces
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp butter + 1 tsp
- 1 ½ tsp cardamom
- handful of parsley, chopped
- salt/pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium temperature. Add butter. When melted, add carrot, celery and onion. Cook over medium temperature until vegetables soften.
- Add broth, cauliflower, and parsley. Bring to a boil, and then turn to simmer for about 30-40 minutes until cauliflower is softened. Stir periodically.
- When cauliflower is softened, add milk and heat. While this is heating, in a small bowl combine half and half and flour. Stir until smooth.
- In a pot place 1 tsp butter into pot, slowly melt over medium temperature. Add flour mixture until thickens. Pour this mixture into soup. It will help thicken the soup slightly. Add more if needed to your preference. Bring to a slight boil, reduce temperature.
- Add cardamom, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- When soup is has slightly cooled, pour into blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Tim McComsey is the founding owner of TRYM Fitness: Dallas’s Premier Personal Training and Nutrition Company, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Registered Dietitian. He started TRYM Fitness in 2011 and has been growing successfully ever since! This is his 15th year in the fitness industry and his scope of work has broadened from being ambassador to Sunwarrior, a partner to Vitamin World, and a sponsored athlete to 361usa shoes and apparel. He also contributes to Men’s Fitness Magazine and Human Fit Project with video and content production. Through his years in the industry he has placed 1st in several fitness competitions including the 2013 Dallas Europa Men’s Physique. His passion is to empower both men and women to be the healthiest and most fit they can be using various platforms.