Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Cuties
Pair Cuties or tangerines with dark chocolate for a fresh and satisfying treat this winter. This in-season fruit is jam-packed with vitamin C and adding a bit of coconut oil to your melted chocolate serves up some healthy fats. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, a healthy kid-approved treat, or your own dessert.
Melt, dip, and eat up!
- 6 Cuties (or tangerines)
- 8 oz Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Parchment Paper
- Peel and section the cuties, removing any strings or rind from the flesh of the slices.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate pieces for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and melt for another 30-60 seconds until you can stir well to combine.
- Dip one cutie slice at a time into the melted chocolate halfway and set on the parchment paper. Repeat until all of the slices are coated.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the sea salt flakes on each slice.
- Place the cuties in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before consuming to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within a week!
Lauren Rae is a professional fitness talent, speaker, writer and consultant in Dallas, Texas. As a fitness chef she creates unique recipes with elevated ingredients that promote a lean physique, wellness and balance within the body. Lauren Rae is also a trained vocalist and has been featured in the music, food and fitness industries on the Food Network and in publications like Ironman and TRAIN Magazine.