DIY Detox Bath Bomb Recipe
This DIY detox bath bomb is perfect for soothing sore muscles after a difficult workout (or a long day!)
Simple, natural ingredients paired with essential oils makes for the perfect bath bomb. See below how to make it; you’re going to love it.
This DIY recipe is part of Vitamin World’s 12 week Reboot Challenge. Learn more about this free challenge for 2017 and get on board!
- 1 cup Baking Soda (aluminum free)
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup Citric Acid
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Water
- 10-15 drops of Vitamin World Essential Oil
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon of Beet Juice or few drops of Natural Food Coloring
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate container.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry while stirring. You may see it fizz a little when they begin to mix, but that’s okay just keep stirring. Once they are fully mixed, the mixture should feel like damp sand.
- Optional: add in beet juice/natural food coloring and mix well.
- You’ll need something to form the bath bomb in such as a mold. I used a circular mold from a craft store
- Add the bath bomb mixture to your mold and press in firmly.
- Leave out at room temperature for at least 3 hours or until dry/hard to touch. Depending on their size, you may need to leave them out overnight.
Lauren Rae is a professional fitness talent, speaker, writer and consultant in Dallas, Texas. As a fitness chef she creates unique recipes with elevated ingredients that promote a lean physique, wellness and balance within the body. Lauren Rae is also a trained vocalist and has been featured in the music, food and fitness industries on the Food Network and in publications like Ironman and TRAIN Magazine.