DIY: Tooth Whitening Oil Pulling Chews
Oil pulling gets a facelift with the added whitening and cleansing benefits of turmeric and activated charcoal. Make these simple ‘oil pulling chews’ and keep them handy for an extra clean smile!
There are three simple ingredients: Coconut oil, turmeric, and activated charcoal.
Shop for them now and cleanse your mouth while brightening your teeth.
- 1 C Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 capsule Activated Charcoal
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt on medium power.
- Add the turmeric to the bowl and open the charcoal capsule and empty its contents into the oil. (discard the capsule)
- Stir well to combine and pour even amounts into an icecube tray filling about halfway.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until the oil has returned to solid.
Lauren Rae is a professional fitness talent, speaker, writer and consultant in Dallas, Texas. As a fitness chef she creates unique recipes with elevated ingredients that promote a lean physique, wellness and balance within the body. Lauren Rae is also a trained vocalist and has been featured in the music, food and fitness industries on the Food Network and in publications like Ironman and TRAIN Magazine.