Easy Healthy Snacks: Blistered Shishito Peppers
BY: Lauren Rae
- 1 lb shishito peppers
- 1 tablespoon EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Smoked Sea Salt
- 10-inch or larger cast iron skillet
- Heat the skillet over medium high heat
- Place the peppers in a mixing bowl and drizzle them with cooking oil and a healthy sprinkle of smoked sea salt. Use your hands or a spoon to toss the peppers until evenly coated.
- When the skillet is hot enough that a drop of water evaporates instantly, carefully drop the peppers into the skillet.
- Cook the peppers without turning them until blistered or charred on the bottom then stir with a spatula. Continue cooking and stirring every minute or two until the peppers are blistered and darkened all over, 5 to 6 minutes total.
- Transfer the peppers to a plate and sprinkle with extra smoked sea salt: The peppers are best when eaten within minutes of coming off the stove top so serve immediately.