Grapefruit Smoothie for Morning Calmness
Grapefruits are a wonderful source of vitamin C and antioxidants—and they make a wonderful base for this smoothie! We added turmeric and fresh ginger for their anti-inflammatory properties, bananas for sweetness, and cashews for healthy fats. If you want even more nutrients, sneak in a handful of spinach or wheatgrass powder.
We’ve also included a dose of our Natural Calm supplement, which is an extra boost of magnesium. Magnesium is a calming, relaxing mineral that fights anxiety and stress so you can start your morning on the right foot. This supplement paired with fresh fruits and vegetables makes the perfect breakfast or anytime snack.
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and seeded
- 1 banana, chopped
- Small handful raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon Raspberry-Lemon Natural Calm
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½-inch piece fresh ginger root, chopped
- ½ cup filtered water
- 3 Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Kelsey is a Midwesterner at heart who currently lives in Denver, Colorado. She loves hiking, running, dancing, vegetarian cooking, and writing in her spare time.