Roasted Corn Protein Pancakes
Looking to add a little protein into your day? Roasted corn protein pancakes can do that. If you pre-roast some corn, this recipe is quick and easy!
All you need are a few ingredients, a blender, and five minutes to cook. Serve with sour cream, applesauce, or just eat them straight off the griddle.
Don’t have time to roast the corn? That’s ok, just follow the recipe without the roasting. This recipe makes six pancakes.
- 1 corn on the cob, roasted
- 1 can unsalted corn
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp protein powder
- 1 cup cheese of choice, shredded
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast corn with ¼ tsp olive oil at 350 until golden brown. Can take up to 30 minutes.
- Cut corn off cob. Add corn to blender and pulse until broken up. Will be thick.
- Beat egg into small mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients, including corn from blender. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet. Divide corn mixture into six portions and cook on med heat until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Tim McComsey is the founding owner of TRYM Fitness: Dallas’s Premier Personal Training and Nutrition Company, NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Registered Dietitian. He started TRYM Fitness in 2011 and has been growing successfully ever since! This is his 15th year in the fitness industry and his scope of work has broadened from being ambassador to Sunwarrior, a partner to Vitamin World, and a sponsored athlete to 361usa shoes and apparel. He also contributes to Men’s Fitness Magazine and Human Fit Project with video and content production. Through his years in the industry he has placed 1st in several fitness competitions including the 2013 Dallas Europa Men’s Physique. His passion is to empower both men and women to be the healthiest and most fit they can be using various platforms.